Holiday Recipe: Roasted Dijon
Maple Brussels Sprouts
Fun Fact: Brussels Sprouts are a type of cabbage! They are full of fibre and a great source of Vitamin C.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- 1lb Brussel Sprouts
- 6 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 5 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Trim off ends of Brussels sprouts, peel off any leaves that are brown (compost the trimmings).
- Cut in half length wise and place in small mixing bowl.
- Combine all other remaining ingredients to make a sauce. Whisk until everything is well combined. Taste and adjust flavors if needed.
- Pour half the sauce over Brussels Sprouts and coat. Set the remaining sauce aside to be used later.
- Let Brussel Sprouts sit for 10 minutes to allow the sauce to soak into brusself sprouts.
- Lay Brussel Sprouts cut side down on the baking sheet for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove Brussel Sprouts and pour remaining sauce over. Carefully toss the Brussel Sprouts.
- Place bake in oven for another 10 minutes or until crispy.
Recipe adapted from Shane & Simple.