Recipe: Pantry Dal
A great way to use up your frozen vegetables!
Prep time: 8 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 33 minutes
Nutrition per serving: 17g protein | 13% potassium | 60% vitamin A | 49% vitamin C |10% calcium | 36% iron
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 cups mixed frozen vegetables
- 1 ½ cups spinach
- ½ cup red lentils, uncooked
- ½ cup water
- 1 can (398 ml) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (398 ml) light coconut milk
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Cooked brown basmati rice
- Cilantro and lime to garnish (optional)
- In a large pot, add oil over low-medium heat.
- Add in frozen vegetables and the rest of the ingredients (lentils, water, diced tomatoes, coconut milk, all the spices, salt and pepper). Stir until combined.
- Increase heat to high and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered, for 18-30 minutes, until the lentils are tender.
- Stir frequently while cooking and reduce heat if necessary.
- Add spinach near the end of cooking, stir until wilted.
- Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro and lime (optional).
Recipe adapted from: https://ohsheglows.com/2017/07/21/8-minute-pantry-dal-two-ways/