Holiday Recipe: Mashed Potatoes
A holiday classic: Mashed Potatoes! Be sure to save your potato skins to make a vegetable stock.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Duration: 40 mins
- 6 – 8 medium Yukon Gold Potatoes (peeled and cut into large chunks)
- 2 tsp. Sea Salt
- Water to cook potatoes
- 2-3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
- 5 – 6 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- Black Pepper, ground
- Splash of unsweetened plant based milk
- ¼ cup Chives or Green Onion, chopped
- Cut potatoes into large chunks and place in large pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and add 1 tsp. of the Sea Salt. Cook for 25 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Once cooked, drain potatoes and place back into pot.
- Mash your potatoes with a potato masher until fluffy.
- Add in olive oil, nutritional yeast, chopped garlic, 1 tsp. salt, black pepper and splash of unsweetened plant based milk. Stir to combine.
- Add chopped chive or green onions.
- Taste potatoes, add extra seasoning if needed.
Recipe adapted from: https://minimalistbaker.com/the-best-damn-vegan-mashed-potatoes/#wprm-recipe-container-35995