Recipe: Kale-licious Minestrone Soup
A warm and yummy soup, perfect for days when you need a little comfort!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Nutrition per serving: 4g fibre | 6g protein | 32% vitamin A | 36% vitamin C | 9% calcium | 7% iron
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ cup onion, chopped
- 3 cups kale leaves, lightly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped
- ½ cup small dry pasta
- 1 ½ cup frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn)
- 1 can (19 oz) canned fava beans (or your favourite bean)
- Whole grain buns
- In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring for about 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in kale and garlic, cook for about 3 minutes or until kale is wilted.
- Add broth, tomatoes and cauliflower, bring to a boil. Stir in pasta, cover and slightly simmer for about 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Add frozen vegetables and beans, simmer for 5 minutes to heat through.
- Ladle into soup bowls and serve with whole grain buns.
Recipe adapted from: https://kidfoodnation.ytv.com/recipes/kale-icious-minestrone-2/