EcoCooks Club is a fun, new non-profit program and we invite your 9- to 13-year-olds to join us for 8 sessions to learn about cooking, nutrition and food’s environmental impact.
We are on a mission to inspire lifelong healthy cooking and eating habits through a holistic plant-powered cooking program that teaches kids how their food choices impact their health, the planet and its inhabitants.
ECOCOOK CLUB FALL PROGRAM
- Dates: Tuesdays, September 28th – November 16th, 2021
- Time: 4:00pm to 6:00pm
- Participants will prepare their own snack to eat during this time.
- Location: Salvation Army Sutherland Church, 1480 Sutherland Ave, Kelowna
- Participants: Maximum 10 students, ages 9 to 13 years old
- Cost: $20
Session description: Each week we will cover food-related environmental topics and a new recipe. Kids will complete activities and games related to the topic and then work in groups to make a delicious snack that they will then eat together.
Space is limited so sign up early to get a spot. Priority will be given in order that both the registration form and registration fee are received. After the 10 spots are filled, a waiting list will be created in the same order.
Commitment: By registering for the program, we are asking parents/caregivers and participants to commit to the following:
- Follow our Covid-19 Safety Plan, based on BC Covid-19 guidelines. Creating a fun class experience while keeping all children, staff and our community safe is our top priority.
- Fill out comprehensive surveys throughout the program. We are looking for your critical feedback to make our program as strong and impactful as possible.
- Agree to be filmed and to have photos taken. These will be used for post-program evaluation and marketing (such as our website, social media, media releases, etc.).
- Let us know about allergies and dietary preferences so that we can accommodate as much as possible.
If you have questions, please email Claudia at email@example.com for more information.
How to Register: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your child’s name and to request a registration form.
Once we send you the registration form, your child’s spot will be reserved for 48 hours. You must send back your completed registration form and send the $20 fee e-transfer in this time period to officially secure your child’s spot.
We are excited to embark on our eco-cooking adventure with you!