Join Our 2022 Volunteer Team!
Do you love plant-based food, care for our planet, and enjoy working with kids? EcoCooks Club needs you!
About the EcoCooks Club Program
EcoCooks Club is an 8-week program that blends inquiry-based environmental activities with tangible cooking skills to build culinary confidence and sustainable eating habits.
Volunteer Positions Available
Afterschool Program Assistant
8x Tuesdays, January 25 – March 15, 3:30pm – 7:30pm
Homeschool Program Assistant
8x Thursdays, January 27 – March 17, 11:00am – 3:00pm
On-Call Program Assistant (to fill in as needed)
Mid-January 2022 for training
Salvation Army Church, 1480 Sutherland Avenue, Kelowna
Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist facilitators as needed including helping to setup tables, cooking stations, food prep and washing dishes
- Support participants through cooking recipes from start to finish by guiding them to do it themselves while ensuring safety protocols are met
- Empower participants to take personal actions towards a sustainable world
- Help to create an energetic and positive learning environment and experience
- Work collaboratively to continually improve and update the program
- Strong communication skills to successfully engage participants and interact with parents
- The ability to adapt quickly to changes and work with minimal supervision
- Collaboration skills to effectively contribute to a team-based work environment
- Candidates who have experience working with children/youth and an understanding of sustainability issues are preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with plant-based cooking and meal preparation is an asset
- All volunteers must go through a Criminal Record Check and Food Safe Level 1 Certification, paid for by EcoCooks Club.
- Please note that team members working closely with our participants must be fully vaccinated before the start of our sessions.