Holiday Recipe: Easy Gravy
A holiday necessity. Here's a quick and easy gravy to make for the season.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Duration: 15 mins
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Flour
- 3 Tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 tsp. Soy Sauce
- ½ tsp. Dried Thyme
- Freshly cracked pepper
- In a sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- When oil begins to shimmer, whisk in flour. Constantly whisk for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add nutritional yeast and continue to whisk for about 1 minute.
- Add ½ cup of the broth and whisk into flour mixture until there are no lumps.
- Add the remaining broth and whisk.
- Simmer the gravy, continuously whisking, until it begins to thicken and bubble. About 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and whisk in dried thyme and freshly cracked pepper.
- Taste gravy, add more soy sauce if needed.
- Serve hot!
Recipe adapted from: https://www.heynutritionlady.com/amazing-vegan-gravy/#recipe