Fun-filled with interactive games, delicious cooking, and a field trip, EcoCooks Club youth participants learn new skills while taking action for the planet.
EcoCooks is a science-based environmental cooking program that creates a strong foundation for youth to develop lifelong healthy and planet-positive eating habits.
Through hands-on experiences, our EcoCooks will:
- Learn about kitchen safety and hygiene
- Cook and eat a variety of delicious, sustainable meals together
- Learn about balanced plates as per the Canada Food Guide
- Practice different cooking skills and gain kitchen confidence
- Prepare a meal for their families using a provided Take Home Meal Kit
- Connect with the local community through a field trip, when possible
- Learn about the environmental and climate impacts of food choices through fun and interactive science-based activities
- Create a strong foundation to develop lifelong healthy and planet-positive eating habits
- Be empowered to do their part to save the planet